15th - 29th June 2020
Hi there Sycamore and Hawthorn! We hope you have all had a successful and productive first few weeks. It is a new way of working for all of us and we want to thank you for all your support during this time. It has been great to see so many of your lovely faces returning to school and also to see the excellent work that continues to be produced from those of you at home.
As before, if you are attending school part of the week: Complete the same morning routine as normal (see below). Use the ongoing section to structure your learning from home for maths, English and the afternoon. We may also set you home learning tasks that complement activities we have completed in class.
If you aren’t attending school: Complete the same morning routine as normal (see below). Use the ongoing section to structure your learning from home for maths, English and the afternoon. Select tasks from the NEW activity grids to add structure to your afternoons. If you haven’t finished the previous activity grid you can also select from this.
On Wednesdays we will continue to both work from home for planning and preparation and may respond to any urgent emails regarding learning. We will not be able to respond to all emails, however, please feel free to send us any work your child is proud of as we would still love to see these.
- Joe Wicks: find out more here: https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html
- Yoga for children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X655B4ISakg
- Go Noodle: https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Just Dance: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChIjW4BWKLqpojTrS_tX0mg
- Read to your parent/carer. This is SO important. Use the reading skills characters document attached last term or on the website
- Watch Newsround (https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround)
- Go onto Times Tables Rockstars – I’ll be looking at each individual child’s progress today
- Spellings: Continue to use the spelling menu in which we had been selecting activities from each day. Each day choose one that you would like to complete. Remember that each week you should be looking at a new rule, placing these in your LCWC sheets being tested on them.
- THERE ARE NEW SPELLING ACTIVITIES BEING UPLOADED TO OUR PAGE ON THE WEBSITE
- Maths and English: We would like you to follow the Oak Academy timetable for maths and English each day. This will provide a structure and will allow you to consolidate prior learning. You may also complete any outstanding work or busters.
If you are NOT in Bubble 1 or 2 we have attached the English learning we have completed this week (The Dreadful Menace). If you prefer this to Oak Academy, complete this instead.
- Afternoon: We have attached the Science and Geography learning we have completed in school this week which will help Bubble 1 and 2 to complete their learning.
- If you are NOT in bubble 1 or 2 these activities are available to you with power point slides and activities.
Or: select a task from the updated activity grid or choose an ongoing project from the list. We would recommend you complete a PE activity each day or spend some time outside. This is very important not only for your physical health but you mental well-being as well.
Mrs Couch has created spelling tests for you so you might like to have a go at these!
Year 5/6 - all the 5&6 word list is covered off in earlier tests, so, new for this week is dictation instead, plus a homophone thrown in at the end: https://youtu.be/tr57h6JBGxk
Mrs Couch has ALSO created Maths meetings and has been doing these for 2 months now so keep up your practice using these
Please keep in touch. Good luck. Stay safe and be kind ALWAYS.
Miss Pott and Miss Davis.