Friday 12th June 2020
Here are Friday’s suggested activities:
- Keep active – Take part in Joe Wick’s PE session or go for a run or bike ride.
- Keep reading – Read to a grown up and listen to a grown up read.
- Enjoy poetry – Write your own free verse poem - Include repeated phrases and ideas from the mind map. Have a look at my example. You might like to use the template.
- Keep using your phonics – Watch today’s phonics lesson which will be available from 10:30am. Today’s focus is ‘ou’ - touch
Alternatively, revise the phase 5 graphemes by playing a game on Phonics Play. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/5/buried-treasure
- Keep spelling – Choose 5 spellings from the Year 1 word list and complete a ‘look, cover, write’ activity.
- Keep calculating – Click on the link and have a go at: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ Summer Term – Week 7 – Lesson 4 - Add equal groups (worksheet and answers attached).
- Keep up-to-date - Watch Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Get musical – Listen to this piece of music of your choosing: What does it make you think of? Draw a picture to go with the music – is it a pattern/place? What colours have you used?
From Mrs Turner and Miss Lunt