Monday 15th June 2020
Good Morning Team Oak! Date: 15.06.20
We hope you had a lovely weekend, we’ve really enjoyed receiving photos of your learning over the week. It was great to see your food poems, handwriting, art work and mammal creations. We were inspired by the poetry, so here’s one for you Oak:
One wonderful team,
Always smiling and working hard,
Kind, caring and making us beam!
House Points from last week (up to Friday at mid-day):
Well done Blue Team!
This week we will be reading ‘Billy’s Bucket’ and doing a variety of activities based around this text. We look forward to all of your creative and imaginative ideas.
Year 1 Writing Skills
- Orally rehearse their sentences before forming them.
- Capital letters at the start of each new sentence.
- Use clear spaces between words.
- Punctuate their sentence using a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Use their phonics knowledge to help them spell many words in a phonically-plausible way.
- Extend their sentences by using the conjunctions 'and' and 'because'.
- Form their letters correctly.
- We also encourage the children to read back through their writing
Today we would like your child to:
- Read to you (twice – once this morning and once this afternoon)
- Read ‘Billy’s Bucket’ by Kes Gray and Garry Pasrons. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h46WN31pIRk)
- Disucuss the story – what did you like about it? What could be better? Write a sentence/book review about the story. (Book review template attached)
Summer Term - Week 8 (w/c 15th June)
Lesson 1 –
- Practise 5 of your Year 1 spellings.
- To support your child with their cursive handwriting at home take a look at the 'Letter Join' website. This is the scheme of handwriting that we use at school. The log on details are:
Other activities your child might like to have a go at:
- What is plastic pollution? Look at attached PP. Write/draw what you know about plastic pollution.
- Find out 3 facts about a sea creature of your choice. Record in your own way.
- Have a go at a Joe Wicks workout: https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
You can email photos of your learning to us at: email@example.com and we will reply to any emails that you send with further challenges and ideas!
If you are a parent of a child in Oak Class, we will be available to respond to you between 9 – 12pm every weekday during this time. Please bear in mind that we both have young children and may not be able to respond to you immediately.
Stay safe, wash your hands and keep learning!
Well done Team Oak!