Monday 15th June 2020
Good morning Beech Class!
Welcome to another week of learning! For the next few weeks our learning theme will be based around the story ‘Billy’s Bucket’ by Kes Gray. We have included a wider curriculum menu for some activity ideas. Tomorrow we will send out a vehicle photo gallery so it’s not too late to send a photo if you would like yours included.
You might like to save a plastic bottle for our artwork at the end of the week too!
Here are Thursday and Friday house point totals:
Blue – 26
Green – 29
Yellow – 59
Here are today’s suggested activities:
- Keep active – Take part in Joe Wick’s PE session or try some Cosmic Kids yoga. https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Keep reading – Watch Michael Rosen and listen to your grown-ups perform his poetry. Have a go at reading one yourself. Your adults can model the rhythm first. https://www.youtube.com/MichaelRosenOfficial
- Discover poetry – Write a sentence about a poem by Michael Rosen that you enjoyed using the conjunction ‘because’.
- Keep using your phonics – Watch today’s phonics lesson which will be available from 10:30am. Today’s focus is ‘y’ - fly
Alternatively, play a phase 5 phonics game on Phonics Play. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/5
- Keep spelling – Choose 5 spelling to practise from the year 1 word list.
- Keep calculating – Click on the link and https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ Summer Term – Week 8 – Lesson 1 - Make Arrays. Please see the worksheet and answers for further challenge.
- Keep up-to-date - Watch Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Keep caring – Please see the ‘Hugs by Post’ activity. We would love to see what you create!
Enjoy your day!
From Mrs Turner and Miss Lunt