Monday 22nd June 2020
Good Morning Team Oak! Date: 22.06.20
We hope you had a lovely weekend and you managed to venture outside to enjoy the weather and eachother. We are so pleased that so many of you are enjoying the story of ‘Billy’s Bucket’. This week we will be continuing to look at different creative activities based around this book, we are looking forward to seeing your ideas and where they take you! This week is National Sports Week, so we have some exciting activities that you may want to take part in.
House Points from last week (up to Friday at mid-day):
Well done Blue Team!
Year 1 Writing Skills
- Orally rehearse their sentences before forming them.
- Capital letters at the start of each new sentence.
- Use clear spaces between words.
- Punctuate their sentence using a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Use their phonics knowledge to help them spell many words in a phonically-plausible way.
- Extend their sentences by using the conjunctions 'and' and 'because'.
- Form their letters correctly.
- We also encourage the children to read back through their writing
Today we would like your child to:
- Read to you (twice – once this morning and once this afternoon)
- Refer to Billy’s Bucket. Explain that this week we will be writing our own story about our own buckets. In your story, how did you end up with your bucket? Did you find it? Did you choose it? Were you given it as a gift? Was it in your garden?
- Write a sentence about how you came across such an amazing bucket.
- White Rose – Session 1
- Practise 5 of your Year 1 spellings.
- To support your child with their cursive handwriting at home take a look at the 'Letter Join' website. This is the scheme of handwriting that we use at school. The log on details are:
Other activities your child might like to have a go at:
- Complete the wetlands wordsearch (attached)
- Christianity: Watch the story of the good Samaritan. What does this story tell you?
- How can you be a good friend?
- This week is National Sports Week. Have a go at The Rainbow Games (see attachments)
You can email photos of your learning to us at: email@example.com and we will reply to any emails that you send with further challenges and ideas!
If you are a parent of a child in Oak Class, we will be available to respond to you between 9 – 12pm every weekday during this time. Please bear in mind that we both have young children and may not be able to respond to you immediately.
Stay safe, wash your hands and keep learning!