Monday 22nd June 2020
Good morning Beech Class!
This week we continue with our activities based on ‘Billy’s Bucket’ by Kes Gray. In place of our annual sports day we would like you to take part in The Rainbow Games. We will direct you to a different activity each day. You can either send your score as you complete each activity or all of your scores at the end of the week. You will find additional information, activities and the score sheet saved in the attachment link. We are looking forward to sharing our alternative sports day with you.
Here are Thursday and Friday house point totals:
Blue – 42
Green – 42
Yellow – 67
Here are today’s suggested activities:
- Keep active – Today we would like you to complete the Twister activity in your Rainbow Games pack.
- Keep reading – Read or listen to Billy’s Bucket again. What do you know about Billy’s character? What does he look like? What is his personality like? What do you like/ dislike about him? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQyFMEQV8fo Draw a picture of Billy.
- Keep using your phonics – Watch today’s phonics lesson which will be available from 10:30am. Today’s focus is ‘ou’ - trouble
Alternatively, play a phase 5 phonics game on Phonics Play. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/5
- Keep counting – Click on the link and https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ Summer Term – Week 9 – Lesson 1 - Counting to 100. Please see the worksheet and answers for further challenge.
- Keep up-to-date - Watch Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Keep caring – Think about what ‘fills your bucket’ or what makes you happy. Use the water and bucket template to write what you happy and stick it on your bucket.
- Keep discovering – Have an underwater adventure with Maddie Moate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tArqtF7C2K4
Enjoy your day!
From Mrs Turner and Miss Lunt