Monday 8th June 2020
Good morning Beech Class!
We hope you all had a super weekend and are ready for another fun week of learning. Mrs Currie really enjoyed looking through the learning you have shared with us since being at home and speaking to many of you via email. It was lovely to see how much you have enjoyed our poetry focus so you will be glad to know that we will be continuing this week. This time we will be looking at free verse poetry.
Here are Thursday and Friday house point totals:
Blue – 45
Green – 52
Red - 54
Yellow – 85
Here are today’s suggested activities:
- Keep active – Take part in Joe Wick’s PE session or try some Cosmic Kids yoga. https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Keep reading – Have a look at the free verse poems attached and read them with your grown up.
- Discover poetry – Write a sentence about your favourite free verse poem (attached) using the conjunction ‘because’.
- Keep using your phonics – Watch today’s phonics lesson which will be available from 10:30am. Today’s focus is ‘c’ - ice
Alternatively, play the phonics game attached.
- Keep thinking – Use your neatest handwriting to answer the Thinking Book question. Can you use any joins? If you could travel by any type of vehicle, what would it be?
- Maths – Click on the link and revisit counting in 2s: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ Summer Term – Week 7 – Lesson 1 - Counting in 2s. The worksheet and answers are attached but you may like to have a go at the challenge activities attached instead.
- Keep up-to-date - Watch Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Get designing – Use Purple Mash to design your own vehicle. You can use this to help you make your own model tomorrow. Start collecting the right shaped junk!
Enjoy your day!
From Mrs Turner and Miss Lunt