Thursday 18th & Friday 19th June 2020
Good Morning Team Oak! Date: 18.06.20 and 19.06.20
We have loved the work we have seen this week, some really imaginative and creative ideas and creations. We are really looking forward to seeing where your ideas take you next!
You continue to impress us with your resilience, imagination and perseverance, well done Team Oak, we are very proud of you all. This email will cover Thursday and Friday’s tasks, with further resources on the website. We are still available for extra support, challenges or feedback via email so please don’t hesitate to send us a message. We hope you have a good rest of the week and enjoy the weekend together.
Year 1 Writing Skills
- Orally rehearse their sentences before forming them.
- Capital letters at the start of each new sentence.
- Use clear spaces between words.
- Punctuate their sentence using a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Use their phonics knowledge to help them spell many words in a phonically-plausible way.
- Extend their sentences by using the conjunctions 'and' and 'because'.
- Form their letters correctly.
- We also encourage the children to read back through their writing
Today we would like your child to:
- Read to you (twice – once this morning and once this afternoon)
- Choose a story from Oxford Reading Owl https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Thursday: Write a list (or mindmap) of what you would find in your own bucket. If you are writing a list, remember to use numbers or bullet points and to write each item on a different line. How many things are in your bucket?
- Friday: Look at your list from yesterday – can you add some alliteration or adjectives to your list? (shimmering shells, curling coral or ten glistening, orange starfish etc) You can edit your current list, or write a new list using your work from yesterday.
Summer Term - Week 8 (w/c 15th June)
- Thursday: Practise writing the tricky words: people, Mr, Mrs, looked, called, asked, could
- Friday: Practise your letter formation and write the alphabet.
- To support your child with their cursive handwriting at home take a look at the 'Letter Join' website. This is the scheme of handwriting that we use at school. The log on details are:
Other activities your child might like to have a go at:
- Find out about the life of Mary Anning, write a report/interesting fact/draw a portrait of Mary.
- Hugs by Post challenge- (see attachment) .
- Make a 3D bucket with handle. How will you attach the handle? How much can it carry?
- Have a go at a Joe Wicks workout: https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Take part in some Cosmic Yoga https://cosmickids.com/category/watch/
Thinking Book Question:
- What could you use a bucket for? Think of as many different options as you can. ( A table for a bird, a mug for a giant etc)
- Can you create the sounds of the sea? What did you use? What did they represent? (objects, instruments, voices etc)
You can email photos of your learning to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply to any emails that you send with further challenges and ideas!
If you are a parent of a child in Oak Class, we will be available to respond to you between 9 – 12pm every weekday during this time. Please bear in mind that we both have young children and may not be able to respond to you immediately.
Stay safe, wash your hands and keep learning!
Well done Team Oak!