Thursday 25th & Friday 26th June 2020
Fantastic examples of work again this week, well done Oak. We can see that you have been enjoying the weather and we are really looking forward to reading your stories at the end of the week.
Remember if you would like your child to be a part of the ‘Team Oak Class Photo’ send in a photo of your child (head and shoulders) to the class email address. By sending in a photo of your child, you are giving permission for us to use the photo in a class image to send out to other class members.
This email will cover both Thursday and Friday’s learning, any attachments or templates you can find in the folders (Attachments) on our website.
Year 1 Writing Skills
- Orally rehearse their sentences before forming them.
- Capital letters at the start of each new sentence.
- Use clear spaces between words.
- Punctuate their sentence using a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Use their phonics knowledge to help them spell many words in a phonically-plausible way.
- Extend their sentences by using the conjunctions 'and' and 'because'.
- Form their letters correctly.
- We also encourage the children to read back through their writing
Today we would like your child to:
- Read to you (twice – once this morning and once this afternoon)
Thursday - Using your story plan from the other day, as well as the alliteration and adjective list from last week – write the beginning and middle of your story. Think about your choice of language. Remember to include detail (adjectives) and some exciting words and sentence starters (suddenly/I couldn’t believe my eyes…)
Friday - Read back through your work. Finish the rest of your story, making sure to look at your story plan and alliteration list to help you make your story the best it can be!
- Handwriting: Thursday - Practise your letter formation by writing a sentence about your favourite room in your house. Friday - practise writing the tricky words: should, could, would
- Maths - White Rose – Session 4
Other activities your child might like to have a go at:
- PSHE: Everyone to have a bucket template. Explain that today we will be thinking about what ‘fills our bucket’ or what makes us happy. Children to have some blue paper/water droplet templates to write what makes them happy and stick it on their bucket.
- Art/English: Make a warning sign for the contents of your bucket: ‘Warning, this bucket contains…/Danger …/ Beware of the bucket…’
- Thinking Book Question: Is the land more important than the sea?
- Music: Explore this site – choose a piece of music depending on what mood your in: https://www.minuteoflistening.org/minutes-mood/
What instruments did you hear? Was the tempo fast or slow? What did you notice about the pitch?
- PE: Have a look at the rainbow games and take part – write down your score.
We hope that you all enjoy the rest of your week and have a lovely weekend.
Mrs Carey and Mrs Boyes
You can email any queries or photos of your learning to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply to any emails that you send with comments, suggestions and feedback (Weekdays 9-12pm).