Tuesday 16th June 2020
Good Morning Team Oak! Date: 16.06.20
What lovely weather we have had! We hope you are able to enjoy some of the sunshine.
Thank you for the continued emails with poems from ‘Team Oak’. We have really enjoyed reading them. Benjamin wrote a poem about burgers,Noah wrote a poem about pizza, Eva wrote about chocolate cake and Amaiyah wrote an acrostic poem about what makes her happy! There were adjectives, rhyming couplets and they made us very hungry and happy! Well done everyone.
We are looking forward to hearing about what you thought of the story ‘Billy’s Bucket’ in your story reviews as we will be doing a lot of our learning based around this text over the next few weeks. Keep going Team Oak – you’re doing a fantastic job!
Year 1 Writing Skills
- Orally rehearse their sentences before forming them.
- Capital letters at the start of each new sentence.
- Use clear spaces between words.
- Punctuate their sentence using a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Use their phonics knowledge to help them spell many words in a phonically-plausible way.
- Extend their sentences by using the conjunctions 'and' and 'because'.
- Form their letters correctly.
- We also encourage the children to read back through their writing
Today we would like your child to:
- Read to you (twice – once this morning and once this afternoon)
- Refer to the story ‘Billy’s Bucket’. If you could add anything to Billy’s bucket, what would it be and why? How would you get it in the bucket? Do you think Billy would like it?
- Use adjectives to describe what you would add and the connective ‘because’ to explain why.
Summer Term - Week 8 (w/c 15th June)
- Practise your handwriting in your English work today.
- To support your child with their cursive handwriting at home take a look at the 'Letter Join' website. This is the scheme of handwriting that we use at school. The log on details are:
Other activities your child might like to have a go at:
- Watch ‘A Whale’s Tale’: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFPoIU5iiYQ
- Design a poster/ draw a picture to show how we can all help to look after our planet.
- Go on purple mash: Simple City – Recycling.
Listen to the clips and complete the games.
- Take part in some Cosmic Yoga https://cosmickids.com/category/watch/
You can email photos of your learning to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply to any emails that you send with further challenges and ideas!
If you are a parent of a child in Oak Class, we will be available to respond to you between 9 – 12pm every weekday during this time. Please bear in mind that we both have young children and may not be able to respond to you immediately.
Stay safe, wash your hands and keep learning!
Well done Team Oak!