Tuesday 23rd June 2020
Good morning Beech Class!
It is great to hear that you have been enjoying our story theme and you have enjoyed the Maddie Moate video. She has created lots more you might want to watch on her YouTube channel too.
There will be a few changes happening from next week. Mrs Turner will be returning to school to join the Monday and Tuesday bubble! You will continue to receive home learning and Mrs Hinchliffe will send out more information about this soon.
Here are Monday’s house point totals:
Blue – 25
Green – 40
Yellow – 15
Here are today’s suggested activities:
- Keep active – Today we would like you to complete the ‘Star Challenge’ in your Rainbow Games pack.
- Keep reading – Read the ‘Under Water Sea Creature’ description activity and try to work out which creature is being described.
- Keep describing – Write a character plan for Billy. Think about his Appearance, Personality, Likes and dislikes and your own Opinion of the character. A character plan is brief and not written in sentences. In each section of the character description plan think of a few words or a caption and create a list. This will help with your next piece of writing. Remember to include adjectives (describing words).
- Keep writing – Use Letter Join to check and practise your formation of g and q. Then practise joining: huge, going, quay, queen
- Keep using your phonics – Watch today’s phonics lesson which will be available from 10:30am. Today’s focus is ‘dge’ - bridge
Alternatively, play a phonics game on Phonics Play. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/5
- Keep calculating – Click on the link and https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ Summer Term – Week 9 – Lesson 2 - Partitioning numbers. Please see the worksheet and answers for further challenge.
- Keep up-to-date - Watch Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Get creative – Create your own underwater 3D scene with an egg box. What skills did you use? Cutting, sticking, tearing, threading, painting, colouring etc
Enjoy your day!
From Mrs Turner and Miss Lunt