Tuesday 9th June 2020
Good morning Beech Class!
It has been lovely to seeing how confident you are to use your phonic knowledge in your reading. I've also been impressed with how high you can count in twos! Well done everybody.
Here are Monday’s house point totals:
Blue – 0
Green – 7
Yellow – 22
Well done Yellow Team!
Here are today’s suggested activities:
- Keep active – Take part in Joe Wick’s PE session or go for a run or bike ride.
- Keep reading – Read and complete the train driver comprehension task.
- Discover poetry – Choose your favourite free verse poem (sent through yesterday or perhaps one you have found yourself) and practise reciting it. Once you have learnt the poem by heart you might like to recite it to a friend or family member.
- Keep spelling – Choose 5 spellings from the Year 1 word list to practise.
- Keep using your phonics – Watch today’s phonics lesson which will be available from 10:30am. Today’s focus is ‘a’ - wash
Alternatively, sort the words on the attached list according to the pronunciation used.
- Keep counting – Click on the link and revisit counting in 5s: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ Summer Term – Week 7 – Lesson 2 - Counting in 5s. The worksheet and answers are attached but you may like to have a go at the challenge activities attached instead.
- Keep up-to-date - Watch Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Get creative – Use your Purple Mash design to make a vehicle out of junk. As an extra challenge, can you make the net and then put it together into a 3d shape.
Enjoy your day!
From Mrs Turner and Miss Lunt