W/B 13th July 2020
Monday 13th July – Friday 17th July 2020
Good Morning Team Lime and Willow!
This week, Nyle and Rory from Lime Class will be celebrating their birthday, so I would like to wish them a very Happy Birthday from all of us at Redbourn Primary School. I hope they have a wonderful day and enjoy the celebrations with their families. Happy birthday to those children who will be celebrating in the summer holidays too: Imogen, James and Ben from Lime Class; Sophie, Jasmine and George from Willow Class.
It is the last week in this school year and we would like to say a massive well done for finishing your reception year at Redbourn Primary School. You have all been extremely resilient over this past term, engaging in home learning and to many of you for taking positive steps to come back into school in your ‘bubbles’. Thank you for making it such a colourful year, we have truly been blow away by how you have all learnt, followed and lived the THRIVE values with increasing independence. Go Team Lime! Go Team Willow! J
This week, we will have a focus on transition into year one as well as the usual activities that we have planned and prepared for you.
A note from…
- Mrs Wolsoncroft: “We have had a lovely week this week. The children have really enjoyed finding out more about birds and they all did some lovely writing. We had lots of fun working in teams building nests for birds. You can see some photos on Twitter.”
- Miss Huxley: “It has been heart-warming to see some of your smiling faces for the first time since lockdown. I am planning on coming in to class to catch up with you all and to read you a story in the week before we break for the summer holidays. I have missed you all very much and look forward to seeing you blossom in Year One.”
- Mr Joyce: “Lime class had two great days learning about British birds. We looked around school for nests and then searched for resources to make our own. We've also learnt all about adding number to 20 and have written number sentences.”
- Miss Thomas: “It’s been a busy two days in Lime class! They loved the story of The Owl Babies and going out on a listening walk, they listened very carefully for the different birds! My highlight of the week was definitely watching Edward and Baillie’s show based on The Owl Babies during learning through play! We’ve also been practising lots of addition and subtraction, and the children have been doing some brilliant counting!”
Just a few reminders…
- School finishes Friday 17th July 2020.
- School starts on Thursday 3rd September 2020 – logistics will be confirmed nearer to the time.
- Please remember to keep safe, happy, healthy and have lots of fun over school summer holidays. Please take some time to explore online safety with your child as we know that some of you may be spending time using electronical devices that are connected to the internet.
Think U Know - Online Safety:
- “Children are accessing technology and the internet at a younger age than ever before. It’s never too early to talk to your child about what they do online and who to tell if they come across anything online that makes them feel worried, scared or sad.
- Jessie & Friends is a series of three animations that follow the adventures of Jessie, Tia and Mo as they begin to navigate the online world, watching videos, sharing pictures and playing games. There’s also a storybook for each episode, to help you and your child keep the conversation going.
- The key message throughout Jessie and Friends is that if a child is ever worried by anything online, they should tell a grown-up they trust, who will help them.
- The animations and additional classroom activities give children great opportunities to learn about trust, being kind online, consent, and healthy and unhealthy behaviour on the internet.”
For further information on online safety, to hear what other parents have said about the suggested resources and some suggestions on what to do before watching the videos, take a look at: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/jessie-and-friends/
To start the conversations about online safety with your child and to watch the videos, please follow the link: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/jessie-and-friends-videos/
Miss J. Huxley
Reception Class Teacher
Redbourn Primary School