Wednesday 10th June 2020
Good morning Beech Class!
There were lots of great vehicle designs created on Purple Mash. We can't wait to see how your models turn out. We are pleased you have been enjoying the free verse poetry. We just need some sunshine and we can recreate them!
Here are Tuesday’s house point totals:
Blue – 13
Green – 12
Yellow – 14
Well done Red Team!
Here are today’s suggested activities:
- Keep active – Take part in our PE challenge: Choose at least three of the fitness activities on the attached sheet. Can you complete more?
- Keep reading – Read to a grown-up and listen to a grown-up read. Answer some of the reading comprehension questions sent out in your home learning pack.
- Discover poetry – Choose your favourite vehicle and draw a picture of it. Create a mind map of adjectives to describe it. What does it look like? What does it sound like? How does it make you feel? See example.
- Keep using your phonics – Watch today’s phonics lesson which will be available from 10:30am. Today’s focus is ‘ch’ - chef
Alternatively, revise phase 5 graphemes on Phonics Play:
- Keep investigating – Take a look at this week’s maths challenge – Meal Times.
- Keep up-to-date - Watch Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Keep discovering – This week’s outdoor learning challenge is bird watching. Use the garden bird spotter guide to identify birds in your garden or on a walk. How many can you find? Which birds will you spot?
Enjoy your learning!
From Mrs Turner and Miss Lunt