Wednesday 17th June 2020
Good Morning Team Oak! Date: 17.06.20
We are glad that so many of you are enjoying ‘Billy’s Bucket’ and we look forward to seeing some of your creative ideas later this week. Well done Oak class for thinking about how we could make our world a better place, some of you have already tried a plastic free afternoon, which is trickier than it sounds! And some of you have designed posters as well. There are lots of ways we can all do our bit, we would love to see some more of your ideas.
Year 1 Writing Skills
- Orally rehearse their sentences before forming them.
- Capital letters at the start of each new sentence.
- Use clear spaces between words.
- Punctuate their sentence using a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Use their phonics knowledge to help them spell many words in a phonically-plausible way.
- Extend their sentences by using the conjunctions 'and' and 'because'.
- Form their letters correctly.
- We also encourage the children to read back through their writing
Today we would like your child to:
- Read to you (twice – once this morning and once this afternoon)
- Think about ‘Billy’s Bucket’. If you had your own bucket, what would be inside?
- Draw a picture of your own bucket and what you would find inside. Write labels for the pictures.
- Complete the attached SPaG sheet.
Summer Term - Week 8 (w/c 15th June)
- Practise writing the tricky words: come, were, there, little, one, when, out
- To support your child with their cursive handwriting at home take a look at the 'Letter Join' website. This is the scheme of handwriting that we use at school. The log on details are:
Other activities your child might like to have a go at:
- Design your own bucket – think about colour, pattern, size, handle.
- What is in your bucket? Draw a picture/paint/oil pastel/collage etc
- Have an underwater adventure with Maddie Moate: (What can you see?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tArqtF7C2K4
- Have a go at a Joe Wicks workout: https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
You can email photos of your learning to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply to any emails that you send with further challenges and ideas!
If you are a parent of a child in Oak Class, we will be available to respond to you between 9 – 12pm every weekday during this time. Please bear in mind that we both have young children and may not be able to respond to you immediately.
Stay safe, wash your hands and keep learning!
Well done Team Oak!