Wednesday 24th June 2020
Good morning Beech Class!
We have been really impressed with the super adjectives you have included on your character description plan for Billy. We are looking forward to reading your completed character descriptions at the end of the week. We have also enjoyed reading all the things that make you happy and ‘fill your bucket’. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Here are Tuesday’s house point totals:
Blue – 10
Green – 7
Yellow – 59
Well done Yellow Team!
Here are today’s suggested activities:
- Keep active – Today we would like you to complete the ‘jump my height’ in your Rainbow Games pack.
- Keep reading – Read to a grown-up and listen to a grown-up read. Can you answer some comprehension questions from your learning pack?
- Keep describing –Using your character plan from yesterday, write a detailed character description using subtitles. Today we would like you write about Appearance and Personality and tomorrow continue with Like and Dislikes and your Opinion. Remember what makes a good sentence – (capital letter, finger spaces, makes sense, full stop). Remember to include some adjectives to help describe Billy.
- Keep using your phonics – Watch today’s phonics lesson which will be available from 10:30am. Today’s focus is ai – chain, ay – play, a_e – make, a - apron
Alternatively, complete the alternative spellings for ai worksheet.
- Keep counting – Complete this week’s maths challenge.
- Keep up-to-date - Watch Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Enjoy the great outdoors – Use the attached guide from The Wildlife Trusts to create your own mini pond. You might also like to use the guide to do your own wildlife yoga.
Enjoy your day!
From Mrs Turner and Miss Lunt