We ask all our children to wear school uniform as it helps them to feel part of Redbourn Primary School. It also ensures that the clothes they wear to school are practical for the purpose. Please make sure all clothing is clearly and robustly marked (a biro will not last) with your child’s name.
All our uniform is available to buy from our online supplier ‘Beat School Uniforms’, who will deliver direct to your door or to the school. In addition, most items of uniform can be purchased from high street stores.
Please follow this link to our uniform supplier.
- Shirt – white or red polo with/without logo
- Trousers or shorts – grey
- Skirt / Pinafore dress – grey
- Summer dress – red & white gingham
- Sweatshirt or cardigan– red with/without school logo
- White, black or grey socks
- White, black, grey or red tights (no tights to be worn on PE days)
- Black sensible shoes or plain black trainers: with heel support and no open toes
- Long hair must be tied back (any hair accessories should be subtle and any small bows or hair bands should be red)
- Religious head coverings must be plain red, black or grey
- Sun hat for warm weather - preferably plain red or black with/without school logo
- Plain T-shirt appropriate to House colour - with/without school logo
- Black shorts
- Black jogging bottoms (for winter)
- Black plain jumper - with/without school logo
- Suitable trainers (not plimsolls as these do not give adequate support).
At Redbourn the following are NOT ALLOWED:
- Jewellery, other than watches or gold/silver small stud earrings. Studs must be removed or taped up (with tape provided by parents) for PE
- Nail varnish or make-up
- Hair accessories that are large or not in school colours (red, black or white)
- Thermals or skins that are visible under uniform
- Slip-on shoes or boots, as children can not run in these as safely/easily or freely
There are boxes outside the upper school hall and lower school playground for any lost property. Any items remaining in the box at the end of each half term will be donated to charity or disposed of.
Nearly New Uniform
Requests for nearly new uniform can be made via the form below or from the school office. A suggested donation is welcomed and this can be paid directly to the RPTA via school gateway. Regular sales will take place once events are up and running again. We never want money to be a barrier: the school office can always help discreetly. A document of FAQs is below which explains more about the scheme.